Getting a first taste of beekeeping in summer is ideal:
- Bees are both at their peak and the weather is perfect for long sessions in hives.
- Gives you ample time to design ideal bee/garden fit for years of satisfaction for you, friends and neighbors and your bees!
Urban Bees and Gardens seeks to help bees thrive, reduce pesticide use, increase food security and have fun doing it... through beekeeping and gardening education.
Regard the class:
My bees are SOO gentle, so shorts and short sleeves should be fine. Wear what makes YOU feel comfortable. Will have plenty of head-covering veils and gloves to go around.
- Hive type choices / pros and cons.
- Gear, tools and cost saving options.
- Where to place your hive and watering system.
- How to get bees.
- How to monitor and manage / harvest from your bees for their health and everyone’s success.
Have some questions? Call 503.975.2391 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.