- Updated guide to build soil, sun vs shade early and late bloom options, attract beneficial insects and microbes.
- Click image or here to open folder stuffed with calendars, guides etc!
- Plant in 4 foot+ clumps. Blossoms with high sugar content mean less work for bees evaporating nectar to honey. Dandelion is one such plant bees enjoy your accepting more.
- Berries, pear, apple and plum are also excellent. Native bees are especially well suited to these. Seeking these plants? Contact my fave Harvest Nursery in Molalla. Gabriel Kahn has a huge variety/excellent quality/very affordable fruit trees and bushes.
- Plant three months before the heat arrives or in late fall. Roots need time, frequent watering and fertilizing to take well.
- Avoid at all costs plants systemically treated with neonicotinoids “neonics”, a proven pollinator-killing nerve toxin.