==> nuc order link <==
Oregon-bred nucs be delivered May 6th Pickup anytime Sat the 6th from 6 a.m. on at UBAG in NE PDX.
If you CAN’T make it Sat you MUST tell me what day (Sun, Mon etc) you are coming.
If you use Warre or Topbar hives click here for transfer solutions.
It’s been a hard year for bees. Supplies are down / demand has spiked. Hopefully conditions will improve in 2018.
To help, I’m offering 3% off for each additional nuc. It’s far better to have two not just one hive to balance food and bees and allow requeening.
Our queens are survivor mutts combining
- 12 year old survivor stock mix of Minnesota Hygienic Italians
- New World Carniolans from noted queen breeder Susan Cobey
- USDA Russian mite resistant stocks AND
- survivor stock from Oregon coast
They take longer to build up than Hawaiian or California-based bees, but are bred in and for our PNW climate for better survival rates.
Bee Ready! Gear you MUST have before your nuc/s arrive!
- a deep 8 or 10 frame box
- enough empty frames to fill 1st box (3 more for an 8 frame / 5 more for a 10 frame box)
- bottom and top boards
Check out our shop for bee home, clothing and tools goods.
NOTE: You will need at least 1, even 2 more boxes with frames as the season advances, depending on bees’ vigor and climate.
New to bees? See our Bees Why and How document to answer basic Qs.
We offer $3 off for each returned nuc box.