UBAG’s Bee Garden is in a standard city lot at 5035 NE 23rd Ave Portland OR 97211 (map).
- Three beetrees.
- Multiple Lang hives.
- Multiple veggie, berry and herb beds.
- Bee watering systems.
- Espaliered plum trees and ‘regular” fig and quinces.
- Water catchment systems.
- A honey extractor.
Classes are held year round on topics suitable for the season.
- Make bee homes and lures.
- Harvest honey.
- Process propolis.
- Presentations on the lore, science and craft of beekeeping.
- Plant and garden projects
- How to tend bees, pour swarms, make splits, raise queens etc.
- Gardening, soil health, growing fungi for bees.
- Food gathering and preserving.
Looking forward to your joining us for
bee fun soon and often!